Our 2012 Annual Auction / Gala was a huge success. We raised over $16,000 for our children !!
We would like to take this opportunity thank everyone involved, especially:
- all the parents, family members and friends who purchased raffle tickets
- students and their parents who managed to sell over 1200 raffle tickets
- all the volunteers for their time, effort and resources
- all the parents who solicited items for the auction
- those who donated items for our auction
- those who bid on the auction items
- those who attended the event
- to the team of volunteers:
- Rachael Caiati
- Carol Damiano
- Lori Fernandes
- Kristen Garabedian
- Tamara & Glenn Gruber
- Sue Lombardi
- Susan Gunter
- Jennifer Vachon
A special thanks to:
- Masters of Ceremonies NBC 10’s Mario Hilario & Barbara Morse-Silva
- Michelle Millett – President of HBSPA for her unwavering support, welcoming of ideas and her positive attitude.
- Kristen Garrabedian – Vice-President for all the many ways she helped out.
- Rachael Caiti – Parent Volunteer Coordinator for bringing together a wonderful team of volunteers.
- Tamara Gruber for creating and managing www.HBSPA.org so that we could post our event online.
- Dr. Christine Mulcahey for the student classroom art project which brought in almost $3000 at the live auction
- Geoff Gaunt, owner of Providence Picture Frame, for providing complementary framing for all kids classroom art.
- Café Nuovo for the divine meal and everything else they did to make for a fabulous evening.
Students had a nice incentive for selling raffle tickets. The student selling the most raffle tickets would win a brand new iPad and two other students, from random ticket drawings, would win an iPod Touch each.
The top three raffle ticket sellers were:
1st: Dante Damiano (121 tickets)
2nd: Sydney Jaiswal (87 tickets)
3rd: Lucy Bosch (50 tickets)
3rd: Yilmaz Kasapoglu (50 tickets)
3rd: Sarah McGeary (50 tickets)
3rd: Lalah Nkomo (50 tickets)
Congratulations to Dante Damiano for winning the iPad by selling the most tickets. A big thanks to Steve & Carol Damiano for helping Dante sell 121 raffle tickets.
Ticket #1676 was drawn as one of the iPod winners. Congratulations to Mayreli Aldez for selling the winning ticket.
Ticket #12583 was drawn as one of the iPod winners. Congratulations to Dante Damiano for selling the winning ticket.
Proceeds from the 50/50 raffle sales came to $9,933. The winning ticket numbers were:
- 1st prize – ticket # 14337 won $2,483
- 2nd prize – ticket # 14533 won $1,490
- 3rd prize – ticket # 7301 won $993
And, there is still one item up for grabs. You can bid via email on a family membership to the Highridge Swim and Tennis Club in Lincoln, RI, worth $975, with a starting bid of $200 (for new members only). Just email your bid, name, email, and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details, see this post.
Thank you once again for your support and contribution.
Sandeep & Lori Jaiswal and Kristen Libutti – Auction Co-chairs
UPDATE: We can’t post this without calling out a HUGE THANK YOU to Sandeep and Lori Jaiswal and Kristen Libutti!! They were called upon to organize an auction and they stepped up to the plate with little time left and put together a fantastic evening of great food, socializing, and entertainment. Through the countless hours they put into planning and executing this event, the auction raised $16,000…which will bring us into 2012-2013 with money in the bank to invest in fun activities, school improvements, and classroom needs.
Here are some pictures from the event. You can also view pictures from the auction and upload your own at http://hbsspring2012galaauction.shutterfly.com/